About the College
The Australasian College of Pharmacy is a member-based professional organisation that has developed and delivered tailored education, training and research programs to advance the profession since 1976.
The College offers a comprehensive range of activities that recognise and accommodate the particular needs of community pharmacies and the pharmacy industry, and that support members’ efforts to maintain innovative, high quality clinical and commercial practices.
The College is committed to:
- Operating with the highest level of professional integrity, making sound judgements and creating value for our members and supporters
- Supporting our members to reach their professional and personal development goals
- Delivering professional development responsive to market needs
- Recognising the achievement of high standards of excellence, and
- Advancing the practice of pharmacy in Australia.
The College aims to be recognised as:
- A leader in the delivery of education which is designed to ensure the standard of pharmacy practice is continually improved.
- A leader in credentialing standards, systems, and practices in Australia.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The College has a solid reputation for providing accredited high quality, affordable and accessible Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Our CPD activities are delivered by multiple modes including webinar, podcast, print via the the official online journal of the College, Pharmacy at the Frontline as well as the Australian Journal of Pharmacy and the ITK magazine.
College membership offers access to a broad range of topics including clinical, leadership and management, and professional development, which can contribute to meeting the Pharmacy Board of Australia’s annual requirement for continuing registration.
The College is authorised by the Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) to accredit CPD activities for pharmacists for recognition of continuing competence. Our accreditation processes assure pharmacists that every activity in our extensive CPD Library has been reviewed for educational quality and practice relevance.
From 2023, the College will deliver a course and accreditation process to enable pharmacists to perform and be remunerated for Medication Management Reviews.
Registered Training Organisation
The Australasian College of Pharmacy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 88112). This means we can deliver a range of nationally recognised qualifications. The College has selected and customised qualifications and units of competency that specifically help pharmacy owners, their retail managers and staff to manage and grow successful businesses.